Saturday, June 6, 2009

Want to be an "Accountant" like me?

Accounts or accounting has always been related to "figures". For those who are not good writing and lazy to read, accounts will enable to tell you almost the whole story about the company's business.

When I was in secondary school we only learned "Commerce" which is quite related to accounts. As soon as I finished the exams, I was enrolled into a college called "MARA Institute of Technology" in January 1973. Here, 3 of the young lecturers graduated from OHIO University, USA. They thought us Accounting, Economics and Introduction to Business.

When I am almost seating for the 1st semester's examinations, i was offered to enroll at the High School. Immediately after my exams finished, I jumped into the classroom of the High School. Then the results for my 1st semester examinations came out where I was declared as 2ND BEST STUDENT.

NOW! A dilemma; to proceed with my High School or to continue 2ND Semester with the college.

I had to make a very tough decision because I was enrolled in the School of Accountancy. After much deliberation I was persuaded to pursue with the college with the hope of becoming an accountant (very true enough I became a Cost Accountant in 1979 at the age of 24).

The main reasons were because I hate to read and I do not like "writing".

Unfortunately, half of the subjects in every semester requires reading and writing such as Commercial Laws, Company Law, Economics, Business Management and so forth.

Eventually I graduated and started developing my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment